Melia Hotels international is proud to announce the opening of their new Gran Melia hotel in Madrid, the Gran Melia Palacio de los Duques
Located in the historical center of Madrid, next to The Royal Palace, The Opera House and The Cathedral, this luxury urban resort is reopening the doors of history: a former palace completely inspired on Velazquez’s master pieces.
With 160 spacious rooms and 20 luxurious suites, discover “Coroa Gallery Lounge & Gardens”, the perfect place to enjoy an exquisite range of contemporary cuisine and delightful cocktails in the very heart of Madrid. Transport yourself to the city of love with recipes of haute French cuisine at “Montmartre 1889”. Taste “Dos Cielos” restaurant, the most innovative gastronomy techniques by the hand of “Hermanos Torres “. Lose yourself in an authentic Asian well-being at the “Thai Room wellness”.
Organize à la carte events in one of the 5 meeting rooms with natural daylight and fall in love with the panoramic views of Madrid skyline from our rooftop swimming pool and find peace in the magnificent Historic Garden of over 1000sqm.
Everything´s in place to welcome any traveler with its unique touches….
COLLECT EXPERIENCES IN A 19TH CENTURY PALACE
- The Gran Meliá Palacio de los Duques is housed in the former residence of the Dukes of Granada de Ega y Villahermosa, art collectors and members of the Madrid intelligentsia of the mid-nineteenth century.
- Their passion for the art of Velazquez, one of whose works they donated to the Prado Museum, can be felt in every corner. As if it were a scene created by the great artist himself, the exquisite decor of the rooms and public areas creates a unique ambience of luxury and comfort where tradition and modernity coexist.
- The imposing structure of this elegant palace, which retains magnificent original features such as the spectacular central staircase and a small private lounge, is now also home to well-equipped rooms and suites, and 6 meeting rooms, all with natural light.
- Its spectacular historical garden a stone’s throw from the Royal Palace and its seasonal swimming pool with spectacular views distinguishes it as the most exclusive hotel in the entire city.
THE ROOMS: THE MASTERSTROKE
- Good taste, quality and attention to detail are apparent in all of the rooms and suites at the Gran Meliá Palacio de los Duques.
- There are 20 exclusive suites, with large spaces, marvellous views and the possibility of linking them up with other rooms, they also include special services such a butler service, private area in the garden and exclusive services at the swimming pool.
- 20 exclusive Red Level rooms, located in the best areas of the Hotel, with large indoor spaces, exclusive services and private shared areas for guests.
- 140 very large rooms with 1 King size bed or 2 Twin size beds, in different areas and designed for every type of traveller. Interconnecting rooms, family rooms, rooms with sloping ceilings…. all with different atmospheres and views.
INSPIRED MEETINGS AND EVENTS
- The brightest minds in Spain at the time gathered at the palace, making it a meeting point for culture.
- Enjoy the magnificent sunsets with 360 degree views from the swimming pool on our unbeatable Rooftop.
- Today, we offer more than 1000 square meters of space equipped with all the latest technology for your meetings and private events.
- Our expert RedGlove team will work to create an unforgettable experience that is customised to suit your tastes and needs.
WEDDINGS AND BANQUETS, A TOUCH OF GOOD TASTE
- The best location in Madrid, next to the Royal Palace, the Cathedral and the Sabatini gardens, surrounded by several century-old churches. The hotel has a privileged outdoor area, which acts as a venue for the most distinguished events.
- A marvellous 1000m2 private garden just a few metres from the Royal Palace constitutes the ideal setting for celebrating a unique day.
- The hotel offers different indoor and outdoor spaces for all kinds of celebrations with a large range of gastronomy and a multitude of services in order make every moment the most special. It has a maximum capacity of 220 people for private banquets.
Call the Meeting Planners at Heming Group to make it a special event at 905-639-8424.